Horace Heidt and the Musical Knights is one of the longest running big bands in music history, touring across the nation and abroad. Veterans of radio and television as well, they bring such professionalism in their performances as to have been chosen to
entertain for Presidents, political parties and for many top charities in America. In addition, they have provided music for NFL sporting events and community concerts.
The band has performed with over 100 stars, such as John Davidson, Gogi Grant, Peter Marshall, Barbara McNair, The Four Freshmen, The Coasters, The Platters, The Ink Spots and Gary Mule Deer. As a full-scale band, they do all of the big band standards and provide dance music as well.
BOOK A MUSICAL DYNASTY
For your next corporate party, family celebration, gathering of friends, why not fill the place with music that invokes elation and the greatest sound ever. The timeless sound of the American Century. A band with an 80 year history…
Horace Heidt Jr. and his Big Band and Swing orchestra are always a smash hit to the delight of audiences wherever they appear.
The consummate Master of Ceremonies, Horace Heidt Jr. is a gifted and multi-talented bandleader, musician, arranger, composer, songwriter, and radio talk show host, and a sure-fire crowd pleaser, which keeps them in constant demand.
TYPICAL PREFORMANCE VENUES:
- Multiple Columbia Artists Tours – Playing to sold-out audiences on tour with the band featuring such great stars as Helen Forrest, Johnny Desmond, the Modernaires, John Gary, Arthur Duncan, Martha Tilton and Henry Cuesta. Critics called this “The best Big Band Tour of the last fifteen years.” Horace and the Musical Knights was their official band for fourteen seasons.
- Performances at notable locations such as the posh Westside Room of the Los Angeles Century Plaza Hotel, Chicago’s Drake Hotel, The Ambassador Auditorium, the Avalon Ballroom, and more.
- Cruise Lines – including the Crystal Cruises Acapulco to New Orleans, the historic last cruise to pass through the Panama Canal before being turned over to the nation of Panama.
- Musical Director for the “Raiders” football team for fourteen seasons including the writing and performing of the Raiders Theme song.
- Regular bookings at major Theme Parks like Disneyland and Disney World.
- Television and Radio guest appearances including producing a major show for the Burbank Chamber of Commerce at N.B.C. Studios featuring the Horace Heidt Band along such outstanding performers as Bobby Caldwell, Henry Cuesta, Arthur Duncan and the Horace Heidt Swing Dancers.
- Radio Talk Show Host – Entitled “America Swings” on K-SURF radio 2002-2003 featuring great interviews by Horace Heidt with Pat Boone, Tony Danza, Herb Jeffries, Louie Bellson, Tony Martin, Barbara McNair, Peter Marshall, Gloria DeHaven, Sue Raney, Peggy Lennon, Dick Van Patten, Tom Dreesen, Terry Gibbs, Gil Stratton and Gary Owens, and others. Starting October 2003, airing on KTRW, Spokane, Washington, and moving toward syndication.
- Presidential Inaugural Ball, Washington DC for President Ronald Reagan.
- Music Director for the Republican National Convention, San Diego receiving resounding accolades from all across the country.
- Star-Studded Social Event Gatherings – Milton Berle’s 85th Birthday Party, City of Hope and “C.A.R.E. events, and others.
- Recordings – Featuring CD’s and Cassettes of great Big Band and Swing Music, as well as other contemporary styles to please a broad spectrum of musical tastes.
Whether you need a band for the evening or an entire musical extravaganza,
Horace Heidt Productions, Inc. will make your occasion the talk of the town. We are flexible and want to make your event the best you’ve ever planned.
Contact Katrin Elahi today and lets get the “Ball” rolling!
All materials on this web site are protected by copyright. © Horace Heidt Productions. All Rights Reserved.